Friday, October 31, 2014

Announcement: Upcoming Series, Women of the Bible: Facts and Opinions

(Link)

I'm happy to announce the next series to come from this blog! I'll be writing on the more and lesser-known women from the Bible from an Israelite perspective. I'll cover truths and fictions, impact on Israelitism, and what their stories mean today (for both men and women); for many of the stories, I'll be focusing on marriage dynamics. Expect factual learning mixed with critique, analysis, and some snarkiness (no general milquetoast writings from me, you can be assured). Below, in no particular order, you'll find a list of the women I'm planning to cover. The list will be updated as things develop.

Old Testament
Sarah/Hagar
Zipporah
Leah/Rachel
Ruth/Naomi
Deborah/Jael
Lot's wife/daughters
Tamar
Rahab
Hannah
Esther
Jezebel
New Testament (Undecided here, too. I'm not as well-versed in these ladies and their doings)
Mary/Martha
Mary
Salome/her mom


No comments:

Post a Comment